- Understand where to place an object
- Select a piece of media to view
- Trigger a piece of immersive media
VR often includes sequences of media (audio, immersive 3D video, information etc.) that can be played or viewed. We need a way to allow users to control which media is played back and when. One way to do this is to place an object that has associated media in a particular place in the 3D environment.
- The user grabs the object using the systems grab interaction
- A halo or other visual indicator shows the user where the object should be places to start the media playback interaction
- This can be on a table or other surface.
- When the object is placed there is immediate feedback to show the media has been accepted and is now launching